Thursday, 21 August 2014

Day 1

My first day on Paternity and I'm feeling quite lethargic. Maybe it's because of all the hours I've been working, the imminent arrival of my first child, knowing that I soon have to move house or most likely all of these accumulating to make this a very exciting and busy time in my life, which is wearing me out slightly.
I've decided to start writing a blog, I'm not 100% sure why but it feels like a good time to do so.
I have no idea what to expect of becoming a father, I have a very small (but wonderful) family, our child will be the first birth since my brother in 1991 and will be my parents first grandchild. Quite the contrast with Alice's family; she is one of ten siblings, more cousins than she can count, has 12 nieces and nephews with another on the way! We are very fortunate to have such a large network of love and support around us.

The midwife has jus arrived to give Alice a sweep as she is 6 days over due. Shit's getting real! Lol!

So I don't want too commit myself to what this blogs going to be about really other than just my life basically.

So here we are, day one... Sat in the living room listening to my baby's heart beat on the clever machine the midwife has.

Now that I'm off work I really need to make as much use of my time as possible, I'm currently in the startup stage with two businesses; an events and catering company and hospitality management consultancy company.

I have a brilliant business partner in the form of a highly driven executive chef.  We have so many ideas and so much aspiration.  Now is the time to really knuckle down...

No comments:

Post a Comment